Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Lacroix Inspired Funky Dress













































©Christina Paone
Model - Christina Paone
Illustration by - Christina Paone

This dress, was put together in literally 15 minutes. A very fast dress, that was meant to turn out entirely different, ended up working out just fine. My original intentions included a stretchier fabric (this is sort of hard to move in), with black sheer fabric draping one shoulder and a thin strap of velvet on the opposite side.

Of course, not being able to get away from lattice, I tried that, which was messier than I had anticipated it to be. So much so, that I had to tie a black bow in the back in order to secure it in place.

Christian Lacroix, a fashion designer, and a fabulous illustrator, was the inspiration for my design. Some of his fashion designs can be seen here . More of his illustrations can be seen here .

3 comments: